Shared tasks are collaborative efforts in which researchers and practitioners come together to solve a common problem using shared data and evaluation measures. They promote competition, collaboration, and progress in research, and have become an important part of many academic and industrial communities.
On this page, we have compiled a list of current and past shared tasks organized during our annual BEA workshop. Whether you are a researcher, practitioner, or simply interested in the latest advancements in our field, we hope these shared tasks will provide you with valuable insights and inspiration.
We always welcome new proposals for a shared task. If you are interested in organizing a shared task during a next edition of our BEA workshop, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEA 2023 Shared Task @ ACL/BEA 2023
- Generating AI Teacher Responses in Educational Dialogues
- BEA 2019 Shared Task @ ACL/BEA 2019
- Grammatical Error Correction
- BEA 2018 Shared Tasks @ NAACL/BEA 2018
- Second Language Acquisition Modeling
Complex Word Identification
- BEA 2017 Shared Task @ EMNLP/BEA 2017
- Native Language Identification
- BEA 2016 Shared Task @ NAACL/BEA 2016
- Automated Evaluation of Scientific Writing